Gangwon-do’s representative traditional market, Jungang Market opened in 1980 as a permanent market. The market is divided into two main parts; one is a traditional market and the other is an underground fishery market. The second floor has a restaurant and coffee shops. Vendors display their products along the street, providing a typical scene of a traditional market and an opportunity to learn about the life of people in Gangneung.
* B1 (Fishery market) - Seafood products (squid, mackerel, octopus, flatfish, etc.)
* 1F - Sacrifice offerings, food, linen & cotton, silk goods, dried fishery product, clothes, jewelry, etc.
* 2F - Restaurants, bedding, hanbok, repair shop, etc.
* 3F - Office room, cooperative room
Address: 21, Geumseong-ro, Gangneung-si, Gangwon-do
Type / Products: Traditional Markets / Fresh fish, dried fish, clothing, hanbok, general merchandise, etc.
Inquiries: • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-33-648-2285
Homepage: www.gncmarket.com (Korean only)