DMZ Peace Train Music Festival!
Photo: DMZ Peace Train Music Festival 2018 (Credit: Peace Train)
The 2nd annual DMZ Peace Train Music Festival will be held June 5-9 in Seoul and the area around Goseokjeong Pavilion in Cheorwon, Gangwon-do. The festival brings together freedom and peace through music. On June 5-6, a festival-related conference and showcase will be held at Platform Changdong 61 in Seoul. On June 7-9, the main festival will be held at Goseokjeong National Tourist Area featuring artists from Taiwan, Japan, France, England and more. Special performance events will also be held at Cheorwon Korean Workers' Party Headquarters, Woljeong-ri Station, and Soisan Mountain. All events are free of charge but advanced reservations and deposits vary by location. The conference and showcase in Seoul, as well as the performance at Cheorwon Korean Workers' Party Headquarters, are free of charge without reservation. The main concert held at Goseokjeong National Tourist Area requires reservation in advance, along with a deposit of 10,000 won for a 1-day ticket and 20,000 won for a 3-day ticket. The deposit will be returned in the form of a “Cheorwon Love Gift Certificate” for the same value that can be used throughout the festival and at participating stores in Cheorwon. The performance at Soisan Mountain requires advanced reservation due to limited space. The performance at Woljeong-ri Station is part of a travel course, so a travel package including the performance must be purchased to attend. Reservations for performances at Goseokjeong National Tourist Area and Woljeong-ri Station will be available through the official DMZ Peace Train website starting April 19, while reservations for the performance at Soisan Mountain can be made through Naver website.
A paid shuttle bus from Seoul (Hapjeong, Sadang and Seoul Station) to Goseokjeong National Tourist Area will be available, as well as a free circular shuttle bus between the venues (Goseokjeong National Tourist Area, Cheorwon Korean Workers' Party Headquarters, Woljeong-ri Station, and Soisan Mountain). Due to difficulty in getting to the venues through other transportation, taking the shuttle bus is recommended. Detailed shuttle bus routes and schedules will be posted on the official website at a later time.
Bring Peace together at DMZ Peace Train Music Festival!
- ☞ Period: June 5-9, 2019
- ☞ Location: DMZ in Cheorwon, Gangwon-do
- ☞ Music festival schedule
Music festival schedule* Detailed schedule and location will be posted on the official website at a later time
|Jun. 7 (Fri.)||16:00-18:00||Soisan Mountain|
|19:00-20:00||Cheorwon Korean Workers' Party Headquarters|
|20:30-02:10||Goseokjeong National Tourist Area|
|Jun. 8 (Sat.)||13:00-14:30||Woljeong-ri Station|
|14:30-01:00||Goseokjeong National Tourist Area|
|Jun. 9 (Sun.)||14:30-22:30||Goseokjeong National Tourist Area|
- ☞ Musicians from 14 different countries (Check the official website for detailed line-up)
- Cui Jian, Elephant Gym, Fujiya & Miyagi, Guampara Music from Havana, Iceage, Jannabi, John Cale, KingstonRudieska, Last Train.Little Big Bee, Mongooz and the Magnet, Rhea Blek, Seum Kuti & Egypt 80, Sultan Of The Disco, Xavi Sarria and more
- ☞ Admission (Deposit): 1-day ticket 10,000 won / 3-day ticket 20,000 won
* Deposit can be exchanged for Cheorwon Love Gift Certificate on-site
- ☞ Ticket reservation
- Making reservations within Korea: booking.naver.com (mandatory deposit required during reservation)
- Making reservations outside of Korea: http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/d/south-korea--seoul/dmz-peace-train-music-festival/?page=1 (When arriving at the festival, you will be asked to pay a mandatory deposit at the ticket booth)
- ☞ Shuttle bus reservation: ggoggama.blog.me/221500313399
- ☞ Inquiries: email@example.com (Korean, English)
- ☞ Website: dmzpeacetrain.com (Korean, English)
- ☞ 1330 Korea Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Vietnamese, Thai, Malay)
- ☞ Address
- • Goseokjeong National Tourist Area: 1825, Taebong-ro, Dongsong-eup, Cheorwon-gun, Gangwon-do (강원도 철원군 동송읍 태봉로 1825)
- • Cheorwon Korean Workers' Party Headquarters: 265, Geumgangsan-ro, Cheorwon-gun, Gangwon-do (강원도 철원군 철원읍 금강산로 265)
- • Woljeong-ri Station: 1882, Durumi-ro, Cheorwon-gun, Gangwon-do (강원도 철원군 철원읍 두루미로 1882)
- • Soisan Mountain: San 1, Sayo-ri, Cheolwon-eup, Cheorwon-gun, Gangwon-do (강원도 철원군 철원읍 사요리 산1번지)